JOINING “BLUE SKY MONGOLIA” PROGRAM
Welcome to the “BLUE SKY Mongolia” program! Thank you for choosing “BLUE SKY Mongolia”, with continuously increasing range of benefits and rewards whenever you fly with MIAT Mongolian Airlines.
Enrollment guide to “Blue Sky Mongolia” Eligibility
Any person over 2 years of age.
No membership fees required
You can enroll in the BLUE SKY Mongolia program by registering through our website at http://www.miat.com, any MIAT Mongolian Airlines offi ces or in-fl ight.
Online registration will earn you 300 miles, which will be allocated to the member’s account on first activity.
Issuance of Membership Card
Membership card will be mailed within 4-6 weeks after the first activity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The BLUE SKY MONGOLIA general conditions are subject to all relevant laws and government regulations.
1. A membership account is given to each individual member. Only one account for each person will be accepted.
2. BLUE SKY MONGOLIA mileage or awards have no monetary value and subsequently may not be transferred, bartered, sold, or bequeathed except for the case specifi ed in this regulation. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines reserves the right to determine appropriate mileage and correct mileage credit discrepancies at its own discretion.
3. Mileage earned in MIAT-Mongolian Airlines’s BLUE SKY MONGOLIA program is valid for a period 36 months and will expire if unredeemed. The three year mileage validity period is based on the date fl own on MIAT-Mongolian Airlines and partner airlines. The validity period for MIATMongolian Airlines partners is based on the date posted to the member’s account.
4. In the event of loss or theft of BLUE SKY MONGOLIA membership card, the member must inform MIAT-Mongolian Airlines immediately.
5. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines reserves the rights to exclude the member from the program, to cancel membership account, or to invalidate accrued mileage or awards in case that a member or representative is found to have documents fabricated, to make a false statement, or to violate the terms and conditions. The members and representatives may not be allowed to enroll the membership.
6. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines reserves the right to audit any and all members’ account at any time and without notice to the member to ensure compliance with the rules set forth in this program guide. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or violations, the discrepancies or violations are revolved and adjusted by MIAT-Mongolian airlines.
7. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines reserves the rights to demand compensation for cash equal to published fare and to take legal actions if necessary in case of abusive awards.
8. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines reserves the right to change the BLUE SKY MONGOLIA program rules, regulations, terms, conditions, travel awards, mileage award levels and special offers, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of the mileage already accumulated. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines may, among other things :
withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award ;
change program mileage levels. conditions of participation, rules for
earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the
use of travel awards;
add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or
limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain fl ights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers.
9. Information provided by members shall be used to run BLUE SKY MONGOLIA program. It is protected against unauthorized access and will not be released to outside companies or entities without member’s consent. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines usually shares member’s information with BLUE SKY MONGOLIA partners. In accordance with Mongolian laws and personal information security policy of MIAT-Mongolian Airlines, all information should be protected under the responsibility of Vice President of Commercial, who is in charge of managing personal information.
10. Any protests or objection to mileage accrual and awards use should be made within 6 months after the date of boarding or the date of award authorization.
11. The benefi ts and regulations may differ according to regions where members are enrolled.
1. When an individual enrolls in the BLUE SKY MONGOLIA program, MIAT-Mongolian Airlines requires following information: Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Birth date, E-mail, passport number, nationality, registration number. In case parents/guardians, they must provide relationship documents as birth certifi cate and passport copies to the MIAT-Mongolian airlines.
2. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines uses member’s personal information for variety of purposes, including delivery of promotion materials.
3. It is responsibility of the BLUE SKY MONGOLIA member to advise MIAT-Mongolian Airlines of any change of name,e-mail address, telephone number(s) and mailing address. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected mail or any consequences thereof.
4. Requests for name or address change(s) may require supporting documentation.
5. In the event of lose or theft of the BLUE SKY MONGOLIA membership card, it is responsibility of the member to inform MIAT-Mongolian Airlines immediately. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines will not be liable for misuse of a lost or stolen BLUE SKY MONGOLIA card or any unauthorized use of a BLUE SKY MONGOLIA card.
6. MIAT-Mongolian Airlines does not sell member’s names or other private information to third parties. From time to time, however, MIAT-Mongolian Airlines may send offers to members from BLUE SKY MONGOLIA partner companies. In addition, MIAT-Mongolian Airlines may provide information collects about members with third party vendors contracted to facilitate the distribution of promotions and other opportunities by BLUE SKY MONGOLIA partner companies. The third party vendors are subject to strict data security and confi dentiality requirements and, upon completion of their services, all information is returned to MIAT-Mongolian Airlines or is destroyed.
7. MIAT-Mongolian airlines may disclose personal information if required to do so by law, court order, or as requested by governmental or law enforcement agency. Under these circumstances, or where otherwise required by law, a member’s personal information may be shared with others without the member’s knowledge or consent.