Travel news :: Before Travel
If the passenger's journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention may be applicable and these Conventions governs and may limit the liability of carriers for death or bodily injury end in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed 'Advice to International Passengers on Limitation Liability' and 'Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations'.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used In this contract 'ticket' means this passenger ticket and baggage check or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part; "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation"; "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage; "electronic ticket" means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document; "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable; "Montreal Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air signed at Montreal, 28th May 1999.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by either the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not 'international carriage' as defined by that Convention.
3. to the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: ( i ) provisions contained in the ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
4. Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier's timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
5. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its Agent.
6. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
7. Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within seven days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non- international transportation.
8. This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
9. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
11. No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers traveling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10,000 or US$20,000. The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request. Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier's liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
NOTE: The limit of liability of US$75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
This is a Notice required by Order 69-2-65 of the U.S.DOT. It does not reflect the provisions of the Montreal Convention 1999 which may apply to your journey No representation is made as to the accuracy of its contents.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For many international journeys, the Warsaw Convention may apply with liability limits of approximately US S9.07 per pound (US $20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US $400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline's baggage liability to be at least US$2800 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT AND AIRPORT IMPOSED TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities and airports. These taxes, fees and charges, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the 'TAX/FEE/CHARGE' box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected. The following notice does not apply to tickets sold in the United States for transportation originating In the United States.
DENIED BOARDING BY OVERBOOKING
In those countries where Denied Boarding Compensation regulations are in force, carriers operate compensation plans for passengers with confirmed reservations who are denied boarding because of non-availability of seats caused by overbooking. Details of these plans are available at the airlines' offices.
DANGEROUS ARTICLES IN BAGGAGE
The items depicted above are forbidden for transport in carry-on or checked baggage. For information on how to safely transport these items by air, please speak to your airline representative or visithttp://www.iata.org/DGPassenger
- Please make sure that your travel documents for the entire journey, including valid passports, visas and vaccination certificates if required, are in compliance with the relevant government regulations.
- Passenger taking flights must arrive at the designated airport before 2 hours and 30 minutes, so as to have sufficient time to produce their tickets and travel documents for check-in and exit procedures. If a passenger fails to arrive at the airport, at the fixed time and does not use the space reserved for him or arrives at the airport improperly documented and consequently not able to travel, he is subject to a service charge according to the regulations governing such actions.
According to article 3 of Warsaw Convention, an air ticket, including an e-ticket, is evidence of the agreement concluded between the passenger and carrier. By purchasing a ticket, a passenger confirms that he/she agrees with the terms of the agreement. If the passenger fails to show-up at the airport, OM is entitled to cancel onward or return flight segments without notifying the passenger.
Ticket not transferable:
A ticket is a contract of carriage concluded between a carrier and a passenger. A ticket is valid only for the person named in the "PASSENGER NAME" box of ticket. A ticket is not transferable. A ticket is a void, if it has been transferred, mutilated or altered.
Validity of ticket:
The period of validity of tickets issued at normal fares shall be one year from the date of commencement of carriage or, if no portion of the ticket is used, from the date of issue. The period of validity of tickets issued at special fares shall be subject to validity provided in such fare rule. The period of validity of tickets issued at free/reduced fares shall be subject to validity provided in respective agreements.
The ticket you have purchased is valid only for transportation as shown on the Ticket, from the place of departure via any agreed stopping places to the destination. The Ticket will not be honored and will lose its validity or shall not be refunded if all the Coupons are not used in the sequence provided in the Ticket.
Rebooking, rerouting and refunds:
- If a passenger (including group passengers) asks for refund 24 hours before flight departure as designated on the ticket, the cancellation fee should be paid by the passenger.
- Certain fares may restrict voluntary changes of reservation or rerouting. Please contact your travel agent or airline reservation center for details.
Carry-on baggage should be limited to one piece such as can be placed beneath the seat, or in the overhead baggage compartment and must not weigh more than 5 kg. The dimensions of carry on baggage should not exceed an overall linear of 115 cm. Also each side should not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, including any baggage attachments such as handles, wheels, etc.. Personal belongings such as cameras, glasses, etc. may also be carried on in addition to the above limitation.
Free baggage allowance
Business Class: Total weight of checked baggage up to 30 kg in all international flights.
Economy Class: Total weight of checked baggage up to 20 kg in all international flights and up to 10 kg in all domestic flights. Advance contacts and arrangements with MIAT are required for bulky baggage exceeding 32 kg in weight or 158 cm in three dimensions per one piece. Baggage exceeding free allowance may be carried if excess baggage charges are paid.
We wish you a pleasant journey!
Notice to passengers