Baggage :: Arms and Ammunition
Arms and Ammunition
- Passengers shall not be permitted to retain custody of ammunition, firearms and other weapons in the passenger cabin
- Ammunition, firearms and other weapons shall only be accepted as checked baggage for carriage in the aircraft hold.
- Firearms shall be unloaded, dismounted and suitably packed for such carriage.
Please click here Firearms Declaration Form.
Preparing firearms for travel:
- Firearms will be accepted provided they are packed in an appropriate carriage case.
- The following items are accepted for transportation in hold:
- Each firearm carried must be accompanied by the appropriate firearms certificate
- The firearms must be unloaded
- If possible the firearm should be dismantled
- The total weight of the ammunition (including shell) must not exceed the allowance og 5 kg (11 lbs) per passenger per bag6
- Firearms and ammunition are will not be included in the free baggage allowance and will be assessed normal excess baggage charge applies
Notice to passengers